product description page
Psychological Science Under Scrutiny : Recent Challenges and Proposed Remedies (Paperback)
About this item
Psychological Science Under Scrutiny explores a range of contemporary challenges to the assumptions and methodologies of psychology, in order to encourage debate and ground the discipline in solid science.
- Discusses the pointed challenges posed by critics to the field of psychological research, which have given pause to psychological researchers across a broad spectrum of sub-fields
- Argues that those conducting psychological research need to fundamentally change the way they think about data and results, in order to ensure that psychology has a firm basis in empirical science
- Places the recent challenges discussed into a broad historical and conceptual perspective, and considers their implications for the future of psychological methodology and research
- Challenges discussed include confirmation bias, the effects of grant pressure, false-positive findings, overestimating the efficacy of medications, and high correlations in functional brain imaging
- Chapters are authored by internationally recognized experts in their fields, and are written with a minimum of specialized terminology to ensure accessibility to students and lay readers
Number of Pages: 371
Publisher: John Wiley & Sons Inc
Street Date: March 6, 2017
Item Number (DPCI): 248-42-6748
If the item details above aren’t accurate or complete, we want to know about it. Report incorrect product info.