About this item
BRING QUALITY MANAGEMENT TO YOUR COMPANY-- AND IMPROVE ITS BOTTOM LINE!
In Quality Management Demystified, top consultant Sid Kemp gives you a practical, up-to-date guide to the basic terms, concepts, and tools for defining, measuring, and managing quality. He takes you from the groundbreaking methodologies of Quality Management pioneers to quality strategies essential for success in the twenty-first century's global marketplace. Sid shows you how to take the steps necessary to develop a Quality Team, achieve Quality Engineering, and tailor a companywide capability for quality. He discusses all of the trends...exposes the pitfalls in some of the programs...and digs past the hype to show you what really works.
Quality Management Demystified enables you to understand and work successfully with all aspects of Quality Management. It tames a complex subject with clear, easy-to-understand definitions and vivid examples. Work at your own pace with this unique self-teaching guide, which continually assesses and reinforces your mastery with end-of-chapter and end-of-section multiple-choice quizzes and a final exam, and plenty of fresh, savvy ideas for further reflection.
Here's a self-teaching course guaranteed to help you understand and implement Quality Management. Get ready to:
- Examine the important facets, procedures, and pros and cons of all quality methodologies, including Total Quality Management (TQM) and Six Sigma
- Know the difference between Quality Control and Quality Assurance and when to use which, or both
- Learn root cause analysis for applications in technical and management problems
- Use statistical tools such as Pareto optimization and statistical process control to support quality
- Win over skeptical employees who think TQM is just a fad and make them enthusiastic partners
Quality Management Demystified is a practical, effective way for students, professional managers and program managers, small business owners, MBA candidates -- even Six Sigma "black belts" -- to learn how to use and maximize the benefits of Quality Management!