product description page
Quantitative Research Methods for Linguists : A Questions and Answers Approach for Students (Paperback)
About this item
Quantitative Research Methods for Linguistics provides an accessible introduction to research methods for undergraduates undertaking research for the first time. Employing a task-based approach, the authors’ demonstrate key methods through a series of worked examples, allowing students to take a learn-by-doing approach and making quantitative methods less daunting for the novice researcher.
Key features include:
- Chapters framed around real research questions, walking the student step-by-step through the various methods
- Guidance on how to design your own research project
- Basic questions and answers that every new researcher needs to know
- Comprehensive glossary that makes the most technical of terms clear to readers
- Appendices covering different statistical packages that include R and SPSS
- An accompanying companion website that includes datasets and online tutorials demonstrating each method
Quantitative Research Methods for Linguistics is essential reading for all students undertaking degrees in Linguistics and English Language studies.