about this item
This volume will act as a guide through the various aspects of quantum mechanics. It not only covers the basics but also addresses new themes developed in the field of quantum mechanics in recent years. These include quantum mechanics in relation to electronics, quantum dots, spintronics, cryptography, and other more theoretical aspects, such as the path integral formulation and supersymmetric quantum mechanics.
The volume presents a number of mathematical tools and physical consequences derived from quantum mechanics. The starting point of the volume is a very brief review of the phenomenology associated with the origins of quantum theory, as the branch of science was understood in the beginning of the 20th century, leading to an interpretation of the results at that time.
• Provides understanding and demystification of the quantum theory
• Presents applications to information theory and encryption
• Introduces applications to medicine, in both treatment and diagnosis
• Covers applications to modern communications systems
• Looks at the philosophical implications of quantum mechanics, its reality, and its perception
• Describes the application to the basics of solid state devices