About this item
Updated and augmented with more detailed nutritional data, the latest U.S. Dietary Guidelines, and MyPlate tips, this pocket guide focuses on healthful eating and wise food shopping.
- U. S. Department of Agriculture charts list calories, total fat, saturated fat, cholesterol, carbohydrates, fiber, sugar, protein, and sodium
- Covers vegetables, fruits, cereal, grains, pasta, dairy, eggs, meats, fish, poultry, baked products, snacks, sweets, processed foods, and more
- A handy take-along guide for restaurant dining
- Shopping and food preparation tips use the U.S.D.A. MyPlate program recommendations
- Daily goals, shopping tips, and "Red Flag" warnings to inform shoppers of the pros and cons related to each food category
Number of Pages: 562
Genre: Health + Wellness, Cooking + Food + Wine
Sub-Genre: Reference, Nutrition
Series Title: Quick Check Food Facts
Publisher: Barrons Educational Series Inc
Street Date: February 1, 2016
Item Number (DPCI): 248-07-2760
If the item details above aren’t accurate or complete, we want to know about it. Report incorrect product info.