product description page
Quick & Easy Medical Terminology Medical Terminology Online with Elsevier Adaptive Learning Access Code
About this item
Become an effective communicator in today's complex health care environment withMedical Terminology Online for Quick & Easy Medical Terminology, 8th Edition. Following the organization of Leonard's Quick & Easy Medical Terminology text, this media-rich online course takes an outcome-based approach to learning by presenting information, then immediately testing comprehension, in small segments. New audio reviews, interactive exercises, fun new games, and new animations demonstrate the practical application of medical language and make learning medical terminology easier. Best of all, when combined with the text and its ancillaries,Medical Terminology Online gives you everything you need to acquire the building blocks of medical terminology.
- Outcome-based learning includes objectives for each module with an assessment quiz after each section to determine whether you have achieved the desired outcome/objective.
- A variety of interactive exercises help you recall and recognize medical terms through word building, identification, labeling, spelling, pronunciation, matching, true/false, fill-in-the-blank, and case studies.
- Medical record activities and case studies with embedded questions familiarize you with entries and terminology in the medical record.
- End-of-module exams, in addition to section quizzes,assess your mastery of the material, with scores automatically sent to the instructor's grade book.
- Threaded case studies follow patients with particular medical conditions throughout an entire module to show you the practical applications of medical terminology.
- Glossary of over 6,500 terms in English and Spanish offers quick access to definitions and pronunciations in both languages.
- NEW! Audio reviews after each lesson enable students, particularly distance learners, to hear terminology in context, audibly reinforcing learning.
- NEW! Listen and Choose activity allows you to practice your aural recognition of terminology in context.
- NEW! List of audio terms at the end of modules 2-15 provides you with a quick, easy review of pronunciation of relevant terminology.
- NEW! Games give you a fun new way to review medical terminology.
- NEW! Engaging new animations bring medical terminology to life and help you visualize physiologic, pathologic, and procedural concepts.