product description page
Quick Reference Neuroscience for Rehabilitation Professionals : The Essential Neurologic Principles
about this item
Traditionally, neuroscience is the most difficult area for a student to grasp in the rehabilitation profession. Quick Reference Neuroscience for Rehabilitation Professionals: The Essential Neurologic Principles Underlying Rehabilitation Practice provides this complex information in a quick, easy-to-use format that every student and clinician must have!
Quick Reference Neuroscience for Rehabilitation Professionals is written specifically for the rehabilitation professional and student. The text is written in a simplistic, bulleted-outlined format with accompanying full-page, color illustrations that enhance understanding of the subject matter. Clinical correlates are discussed to provide a greater understanding of the common pathological disorders that occur in response to damage to specific neuroanatomical structures. In addition to a basic understanding of neuroanatomical structures and functions, the book provides an easy-to-read discussion of the essential neuroscience information necessary for the rehabilitation professional and student.
- Bulleted outline format makes it easy to find pertinent information quickly.
- Color illustrations make abstract neurologic concepts easy to understand.
- Clinical correlates regarding the most common neurologic conditions are discussed in each section of the book.
- The Glossary includes clinical terms not often found in the glossaries of basic neuroscience textbooks.
- Because the book was written by an occupational therapist, it focuses only on the essential neuroscience concepts that are important for the rehabilitation professional.