product description page
Radiography Essentials for Limited Practice (Paperback) (Bruce W. Long & Eugene D. Frank & Ruth Ann
About this item
Written exclusively for limited radiography students, Radiography Essentials for Limited Practice, 5th Edition makes it easy to learn and perform basic procedures. This edition has been revised to improve information clarity and reflect changes in practice. It incorporates all the subjects mandated by the American Society of Radiologic Technologists (ASRT) curriculum, so you will be thoroughly prepared for the ARRT Limited Scope Exam. Coverage includes the latest information on x-ray science and techniques, processing, radiation safety, radiographic anatomy, patient care, and pathology, along with updated step-by-step instructions for positioning and procedures.
- Concise coverage thoroughly prepares you for the ARRT Limited Scope Exam and clinical practice with the latest on x-ray science and techniques, radiation safety, radiographic anatomy, pathology, patient care, ancillary clinical skills, and positioning of upper and lower extremities, spine, chest and head.
- Step-by-step instructions provide guidance on how to position patients for radiographic procedures performed by limited operators.
- The latest information on state licensure and limited radiography terminology ensures that you understand the role of the limited practitioner.
- Math and radiologic physics concepts are presented at an easy-to-understand level.
- Chapter on Bone Densitometryprovides all the information you need to know to for the ARRT exam and clinical practice.
- NEW! Expanded digital imaging concepts reflect current practice and meet the requirements of the ASRT Limited Scope Content Specifications.
- NEW! Updated drawings, photos, and medical radiographs enhance your understanding of key concepts and illustrate current technology.
- NEW! Two-color design helps make complex material easier to comprehend.