product description page
Reactive Programming with RxJava : Creating Asynchronous, Event-Based Applications (Paperback) (Tomasz
About this item
In today’s app era, when everything is asynchronous and responsiveness is so vital, reactive programming makes your programs better-performing, easier to scale, and more reliable. This practical book helps you see problems in the reactive way and shows you how to construct programs that leverage the best features of this exciting new programming paradigm.
This book includes concrete examples that use the RxJava library to solve real-world problems with Android, both on the server-side and client-side. You’ll also learn how RxJava leverages parallelism and concurrency to better solve today’s problems on today’s hardware.
- Write programs that have to responsively react to multiple asynchronous sources of input without descending into "callback hell"
- Get to that "aha!" moment when you understand how to see and solve problems in the reactive programming way
- Cope with Observables that produce data too quickly to be consumed
- Gain strategies to debug and to test programs written in the reactive style
- Learn to efficiently exploit parallelism and concurrency in your programs