product description page
Reading and Understanding Research - (Paperback)
about this item
Ideal for students, novice researchers, or professionals, this indispensable resource serves as a road map for readers who need to analyze and apply research findings. It helps them think critically about the credibility of what they are reading by showing them how to identify problems and develop constructive questions.
- Assumes no prior knowledge of research procedures
- Provides readers with a step-by-step format for decoding the complex language and formats used in reports and reviews
- Includes the most common formats for both quantitative and qualitative inquiry
- Offers both illustrative examples and powerful training exercises
- Gives specific attention to strategies for critically appraising reported research
- Presents completely updated references as well as an annotated bibliography
This text is appropriate for both upper-level undergraduate and graduate students across the social sciences enrolled in introductory research courses as well as students in professional preparation programs.