product description page
Reading Research : A User-Friendly Guide for Health Professionals - (Paperback)
About this item
Ideal for both students and health professionals alike, Reading Research: A User-Friendly Guide for Nurses and Health Professionals, 6th Edition is a practical beginner-level introduction to health sciences research. The text is written in a manner that assumes you have little or no experience with analyzing published research, and provides guidelines for reading and understanding research articles. It also covers important elements of published research, such as research methods, common terminology, data analysis and results. All chapters have been updated. The book also briefly discusses common barriers to the application of research results in practice.
- Concise overview of health sciences-related research maximizes your study time by including all popular types of research methodologies.
- UNIQUE! Tips boxes provide easy-to-follow, practical suggestions for those who are new to the subject.
- UNIQUE! Alert! boxes warn of common assumptions made when reading research.
- Accompanying website provides up-to-date links for relevant research projects and other research-related sites, and offers Reader's Companion Worksheets for qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and systematic reviews.
- NEW! All chapters updated with the key terms and explanation of common research methods.
- NEW! Content on using the web, social media and avoiding predatory journals.
- NEW! Expansion on applying research to improve patient outcomes helps you to understand the importance of research.
- NEW! Introductory overview chapter gives you a better understanding of how the book is organized and how to utilize its content.