product description page
Real World Content Delivery Networks : Architecting Global Applications (Paperback) (Paddy Ganti)
about this item
There’s quite a buzz about content delivery networks (CDNs) today. To deliver your company’s content across the world, you’d normally need to traverse several networks in a series of time-consuming and quality-degrading hops. With this practical book, you’ll learn how using the right CDN providers can serve your content and applications much faster while maintaining high availability and high performance.
Author Paddy Ganti examines CDN architecture and internals to help you find the solution that best fits your enterprise. DevOps practitioners, performance engineers, and delivery managers will learn how to maximize existing CDN performance, and—should your needs require—you’ll also discover how to roll your own CDN.
- Understand the history, goals, and concepts of web caching
- Learn how to quantify performance when using a CDN
- Get an analysis of existing CDN providers
- Explore HTML and transport acceleration techniques
- Learn how to benchmark a CDN and pick a provider using A/B testing
- Examine browser specific interactions with a CDN