product description page
Real-World Learning Framework for Elementary Schools : Digital Tools and Practical Strategies for
About this item
Creation in the real world is a disorganized process, and in order to foster authentic learning in the classroom, teachers must be flexible in planning and supporting learning experiences.
Bring about deeper, self-directed learning in elementary school students. This book outlines opportunities teachers and students have to exercise cognitive complexity, engagement, and technology integration through real-world project-based instruction. Part one details the Create Excellence Framework for 21st century skills, and part two offers sample lesson plans from real-world learning projects, so educators can help students take more responsibility for and find more enthusiasm in their own learning.
- Learn each of the components of the research-based Create Excellence Framework for lesson planning and how each component connects to student content standards.
- Discover the five levels of real-world learning, helping students find greater fulfillment in their PBL (project-based learning).
- Answer questions to consider in setting up the Create Excellence Framework for real-world learning.
- Consult real-world examples of Create Excellence Framework–applicable learning projects that meet the guidelines of curriculum standards.
- Learn about many online tools and resources to promote online projects that engage students in authentic learning.
Introduction: The Create Excellence Framework for Real-World Learning
Chapter 1—Real-World Learning
Chapter 2—Cognitive Complexity
Chapter 3—Student Engagement
Chapter 4—Technology Integration
Chapter 5—Implementation of the Create Excellence Framework
English Language Arts Projects
Social Studies Projects
References and Resources