product description page
Really Useful Physical Education Book : Learning and Teaching Across the 11-16 Age Range (Paperback)
About this item
Fully updated in line with the National Curriculum the second edition of The Really Useful Physical Education Book offers crucial guidance and practical ideas for effective and imaginative lessons. Underpinned by easy-to-understand theory and with an emphasis on inclusive physical education, each chapter presents a wide range of high quality lessons, alongside engaging teaching examples and methodologies.
This book highlights the ways in which schools can re-design the physical education curriculum and include the teaching and learning of ‘alternative’ activities within lessons to ensure maximum inclusion and enjoyment for all from lessons. These include:
- Alternative –depart from or challenge traditional norms and considered to be non-traditional in a UK context
- Adapted –suited to pupils with additional learning needs but can also be practiced by all pupils within secondary schools
- Artistic –related to cultural and artistic forms of dance
- Aesethic – creative and involve a combination of movements that require precision, fluency and control
- Aquatic – take place in or on the water.
- Athletic –require physical skill, agility and stamina
- Adventurous – require precise problem solving and decision making skills
- Aerobic – sustained activities that require low to high intensity
- Anaerobic - non-endurance involving speed strength and power
This practical guide offers essential support and advice for both trainee and practising teachers with features including specific guidance and teaching ideas for physical education lessons. The Really Useful Physical Education Book is a must-read for all those who want to make their lessons, inclusive and fun whilst promoting a healthy lifestyle and enthusiasm for lifelong activity.