product description page
Really Useful Science Book : A Framework of Knowledge for Primary Teachers (Paperback) (Steve Farrow &
About this item
This book provides an accessible and indispensable framework of subject knowledge for trainee and practising primary science teachers, with essential guidance on how to make direct links to the new National Curriculum. Divided into three parts, Biology, Chemistry and Physics, and with an extra chapter on Scientific Enquiry, it offers comprehensive subject knowledge to develop confidence, as well as a multitude of tips and strategies to demonstrate the beauty of learning science. With brand new progression grids and links to global learning, common misconceptions, and cross-curricular opportunities, each chapter connects knowledge to practice, and informs creative and inspiring teaching.
What’s new to this edition?
- guided tour at the front of the book on how to use it effectively
- progression of understanding grids/flowchart at the start of each chapter
- chapter introductions outlining NC criteria, key themes, topics and big ideas
- short chapter summaries in bite-size review pages, highlighting opportunities for scientific discussions (views and attitudes), scientific enquiry (skills and investigations) and application (future development)
- brand new chapter on Scientific Enquiry
- ‘In Practice’ boxes in the margins linking knowledge to practice, including global learning links, common misconceptions, and cross-curricular opportunities