product description page
Rebhun's Diseases of Dairy Cattle - by Ph.D. Simon F. Peek & Thomas J. Divers (Hardcover)
about this item
Diagnose and treat bovine diseases in cattle with Rebhun's Diseases of Dairy Cattle, 3rd Edition - your all-in-one guide to bovine disease management. Organized by body system for quick, convenient reference, this complete resource equips practitioners and students with the knowledge needed to confidently diagnose, treat, and prevent bovine disease. All chapters are updated from the previous edition to reflect the most up-to-date diagnostics and therapeutics, including revised drug usage considerations. An entirely new chapter for this third edition provides easy-to-read, but detailed information on diagnostic laboratory sample submission so that you will know what tests are available and the proper samples to submit. Another entirely new chapter focuses on diseases of the bull. More color photographs and illustrations are provided so that clinical signs and pathology of the diseases and diagnostic procedures commonly used in practice can be visualized. With expanded coverage of herd diseases, this new edition meets the growing need for management of both diseases of individual cows and medical problems affecting whole herds.
- Practical overviews for procedures such as blood transfusion, abdominal paracentesis, and ECG give you reliable support for some of the most common procedures in bovine care.
- A logical and user-friendly body systems organization makes diagnosis easier and more effective by isolating system-specific diseases and conditions.
- Additional public health/safety considerations identify diseases that pose a substantial public threat and detail special measures for related care of dairy cattle.
- Addresses the latest treatment innovations, including: antibiotic residue testing, care of individual metabolic disease, troubleshooting, and much more.
- Expanded, up-to-date coverage of public health/food safety considerations for practitioners helps to prevent dangerous and costly errors.
- Current legal and practical considerations for extra label medications are outlined, and all recommendations for drug usage have been revised according to federal guideline changes, to help ensure that you are familiar with the latest evidence-based guidelines.
- NEW! All-new chapter covering diseases specific to or common in the dairy bull offers valuable new content that makes this the most comprehensive resource for veterinary students and practitioners.
- NEW!A companion website, hosted by Cornell University with more than 60 neurologic, ultrasound, and endoscopic case study videos, illustrates key concepts discussed throughout the book and brings to life a variety of techniques that are more easily visualized than described in print.
- UPDATED! Expanded coverage of herd health features diseases of individual cows, as well as problems affecting entire herds, that challenge today's large animal vet