product description page
Red Hot Root Words, Book 1 : Mastering Vocabulary with Prefixes, Suffexes and Root Words, Grades 3-5
About this item
Help students improve their mastery of the English language and acquire the keys for understanding thousands of words by studying Greek and Latin word parts (prefixes, root words, and suffixes). This is one of the most complete, usable presentations of vocabulary development using word parts you will find. A knowledge of word parts gives students a head start on decoding words in reading and testing situations. This is the first book in the two-book series. Each of the well-developed lessons in this text includes:
- one to three word parts along with meanings and sample words,
- five vocabulary words that use the prefixes or root words,
- definitions and sample sentences for each of the five words,
- a practice exercise that lets students apply knowledge of the words and their meanings, and
- a one-page review worksheet for one or two lessons that presents more unique opportunities to work with the prefixes and root words and to see how they are combined with suffixes.
- an extensive listing of the most common prefixes, root words, and suffixes;
- their meanings and sample words;
- additional words for each lesson; and
- lesson ideas to supplement the word being studied.
Number of Pages: 2
Series Title: Red Hot Root Words
Publisher: Sourcebooks Inc
Author: Dianne Draze
Street Date: June 1, 2005
Item Number (DPCI): 248-46-6030
If the item details above aren’t accurate or complete, we want to know about it. Report incorrect product info.