product description page
Regulation of Corporate Disclosure (Hardcover) (Jr. J. Robert Brown)
about this item
The Regulation of Corporate Disclosure is a one-volume treatise on the disclosure regime in place under the Federal securities laws. The treatise addresses the formal disclosure process (periodic reports, MD&A, Regulation FD), the informal disclosure process (press releases, social media, discussions with analysts), and the application of the antifraud provisions to these communications. The treatise includes chapters on scienter and materiality, and also addresses communications with and disclosure obligations to shareholders.
TheFourth Editionhas been significantly revised and, among other topics, includes coverage of:
- The duties and responsibilities of corporate officials relating to the disclosure process
- The most recent cases addressing disclosure issues, including decisions by the Supreme Court on topics such as the application of the antifraud provisions to beliefs and opinions
- Pronouncements by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on disclosure issues, including consideration of the SEC’s efforts to improve disclosure effectiveness
- The developing need to consider disclosure of public interest matters, including the effects of climate change on a company’s business
- The disclosure requirements applicable to the proxy process, including the system for uncovering the identity of street name owners
- State disclosure obligations of the board of directors under its fiduciary obligations to shareholders.