product description page
Reignite Business With a Modern Devops-enabled Software Factory : Devops for Digital Leaders (Paperback)
About this item
For IT leaders who are accountable for the rapid development of high-quality software applications, this book provides a succinct guide to designing, implementing, measuring, and improving DevOps programs that are tailored to their organizations.
Development teams are incentivized to accelerate business change through dynamic software, whereas operations teams instinctively resist novelty that might compromise the resilience and reliability of the existing IT services. The result is internal conflict, systemic inefficiency, and lost business opportunity. IT leaders must bridge the dev–ops disconnect if their organizations are to compete in a business world increasingly differentiated by application software.
DevOps, with its intense focus on collaboration, communication, and cultural change, has proved an effective bridging solution, thanks largely to the flexibility of it loose sets of principles. But the lack of a formal framework challenges IT leaders to apply DevOps principles as guided by their insider knowledge of the tensions at play in their organizations between the change imperatives of the business and the operational impediments to change. The authors of Reignite Business with a Modern DevOps-Enabled Software Factory are IT practitioners and global thought leaders whose deep experience on both sides of the dev–ops divide informs their insights and advice for IT leaders.
Aruna Ravichandran and Kieran Taylor analyze the organizational benefits, costs, freedoms, and constraints of DevOps. They chart the coordinated strategy of organizational changes, metrics, and investments that an enterprise must undertake to realize the full potential of DevOps and reach the sweet spot where accelerating code deployments drive increasing customer satisfaction, revenue, and profitability. Reignite Business with a Modern DevOps-Enabled Software Factory surveys from the DevOps perspective the integrated open source, cloud, and enterprise tools, processes, and techniques that high-performance IT organizations automate across the software lifecycle from requirements to release.What You Will Learn
- How to remove dependencies and constraints so that parallel practices can accelerate the development of defect-free software
- How to automate continuous delivery across the software lifecycle to eliminate release bottlenecks, manual labor waste, and technical debt accumulation
- How to generate virtualized production-style testing of applications through real-time behavioral analytics
- How adoption of agile practices by operations teams can support developer productivity with automated feedback, streamline infrastructure monitoring, spot and resolve operations issues before they impact production, and improve customer experience
- How to identify the DevOps metrics appropriate to your organization and how to integ
Genre: Computers + Internet, Business + Money Management
Series Title: Reignite Business With a Modern Devops-enabled Software Factory
Publisher: Springer Verlag
Author: Aruna Ravichandran & Kieran Taylor & Peter Waterhouse
Street Date: December 27, 2016
Item Number (DPCI): 248-25-3896
If the item details above aren’t accurate or complete, we want to know about it. Report incorrect product info.