product description page
Research Perspectives in Couple Therapy : Discursive Qualitative Methods (Hardcover)
About this item
In this powerful volume, six qualitative methods are used to analyze a single session with a troubled young couple, illustrating the intricate processes and sub-processes of therapy through client interactions with their therapists and with each other. The resulting chapters underscore the value of qualitative methods in fields that hold evidence-based techniques as the standard, as well as the value of dialogue-based approaches in multi-client settings, where they are infrequently used. Through these examples, readers are encouraged to examine their own perspectives on therapy and the healing potential of dialogue as they consider these and other concepts:
- The development of dialogical space in a couple therapy session.
- Introducing novelties into therapeutic dialogue: the importance of minor shifts of the therapist.
- Therapists’ responses for enhancing change through dialogue: dialogical investigations of change.
- Fostering dialogue: exploring the therapists’ discursive contributions in a couple therapy.
- Dominant story, power, and positioning.
- Constructing the moral order of a relationship in couples therapy.
Research Perspectives in Couple Therapy: Discursive Qualitative Methods ably demonstrates the balance between therapeutic art and science for family and couples therapists, psychologists, and other mental health professionals.
Number of Pages: 100
Genre: Psychology, Social Science
Sub-Genre: Sociology / Marriage + Family, Clinical Psychology, Psychotherapy / General
Publisher: Springer Verlag
Street Date: December 22, 2015
Item Number (DPCI): 248-12-7935