product description page
Researching the Law : Finding What You Need When You Need It (Paperback) (Amy E. Sloan)
about this item
Buy anew versionof this Connected Casebook and receiveaccessto theonline e-book,practice questionsfrom your favorite study aids, and anoutline toolon CasebookConnect, the all in one learning solution for law school students. CasebookConnect offers you what you need most to be successful in your law school classes – portability, meaningful feedback, and greater efficiency.
Concise new title by the top author in legal research. Focuses onpre-and post-search analysis for effectively filtering vast amounts
of material. Teaches students how to identify the most pertinent and authoritative information to solve a legal problem.
- Concise, reasonably priced new title from the top legal research author.
- Approaches legal research as a filtering process to identify the most pertinent and authoritative information from vast search results.
- Part I: Explains how to define a research question; pre-filter content before beginning a search; conduct research; and establish post-search criteria for filtering results.
- Part II: Describes essential features of individual sources of authority and search strategies unique to each source.
- Part III: Contains research flowcharts to help students plan research strategy for different types of research projects.
- Contains all information students need to learn fundamental principles of legal research.
- Can also be used to complement other texts and classroom materials.
- Not simply a shorter version of Basic Legal Research. Looks at research as a process of filtering the available information, rather than as a process that requires first choosing the right source of authority to solve a legal problem.
Law school comes with a lot of reading, so access your enhanced e-book anytime, anywhere to keep up with your coursework. Highlight, take notes in the margins, and search the full text to quickly find coverage of legal topics.
Quiz yourself before class and prep for your exam in the Study Center. Practice questions fromExamples & Explanations,Emanuel Law Outlines,Emanuel Law in a Flashflashcards, and other best-selling study aid series help you study for exams while tracking your strengths and weaknesses to help optimize your study time.
Most professors will tell you that starting your outline early is key to being successful in your law school classes. The Outline Tool automatically populates your notes and highlights from the e-book into an editable format to accelerate your outline creation and increase study time later in the semester.