About this item
Now revised to reflect the new, clinically-focused certification exams, Review of Radiological Physics, Fourth Edition, offers a complete review for radiology residents and radiologic technologists preparing for certification. . This new edition covers x-ray production and interactions, projection and tomographic imaging, image quality, radiobiology, radiation protection, nuclear medicine, ultrasound, and magnetic resonance – all of the important physics information you need to understand the factors that improve or degrade image quality. Each chapter is followed by 20 questions for immediate self-assessment, and two end-of-book practice exams, each with 100 additional questions, offer a comprehensive review of the full range of topics.
- Mirrors the current clinically relevant focus of the certification exams – the key information radiologists need to know to perform their clinical duties.
- Brand new, full color illustrations throughout the book enhance the learning experience
- Focuses on the radiological physics of x-rays (projection radiography, fluoroscopy, and CT), as well as nuclear medicine, ultrasound, and MR.
- Includes only the essential information needed to understand how images are created, aspects that impact image quality, and factors that affect radiation risks and costs.
- Features helpful appendices such as a summary of SI units, radiological units and photometric quantities, and more.
- An ideal physics review meant to be used in conjunction with a comprehensive textbook on medical imaging.
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use
Number of Pages: 315
Sub-Genre: Radiology + Nuclear Medicine
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Author: Ph.D. Walter Huda
Street Date: February 25, 2016
Item Number (DPCI): 248-07-2485