product description page
Rick Steves 2019 Rome - (Rick Steves' Rome) by Rick Steves & Gene Openshaw (Paperback)
About this item
Explore ancient ruins and view Renaissance masterpieces in this truly modern Eternal City. With Rick Steves on your side, Rome can be yours! Inside Rick Steves Rome 2019 you'll find:
- Comprehensive coverage for spending a week or more exploring Rome
- Rick's strategic advice on how to get the most out of your time and money, with rankings of his must-see favorites
- Top sights and hidden gems, from the Colosseum and the Sistine Chapel to corner trattorias and the perfect scoop of gelato
- How to connect with local culture: Indulge in the Italian happy hour tradition of the aperitivo, savor a plate of cacio e pepe, or chat with fans about the latest soccer match
- Beat the crowds, skip the lines, and avoid tourist traps with Rick's candid, humorous insight
- The best places to eat, sleep, and experience la dolce far niente
- Self-guided walking tours of lively neighborhoods and sights like the Roman Forum, St. Peter's Basilica, and the Vatican Museums
- Detailed neighborhood maps and a fold-out city map for exploring on the go
- Useful resources including a packing list, Italian phrase book, a historical overview, and recommended reading
- Over 500 bible-thin pages include everything worth seeing without weighing you down
- Annually updated information on Central Rome, Vatican City, Trastevere, and more, plus day trips to Ostia Antica, Tivoli, Naples, and Pompeii
Make the most of every day and every dollar with Rick Steves Rome 2019.
Spending just a few days in the city? Try Rick Steves Pocket Rome.
Number of Pages: 601
Series Title: Rick Steves' Rome
Publisher: Perseus Books Group
Author: Rick Steves & Gene Openshaw
Street Date: September 11, 2018
Item Number (DPCI): 248-01-7457
If the item details above aren’t accurate or complete, we want to know about it. Report incorrect product info.