product description page
Rigor in the Rti and Mtss Classroom : Practical Tools and Strategies - (Hardcover)
about this item
In this new book, bestselling author Barbara R. Blackburn and intervention expert Bradley S. Witzel show you how to develop rigorous RTI and MTSS programs that will support students and lead them to lasting success. Written in a clear, engaging style, Rigor in the RTI and MTSS Classroom combines an in-depth discussion of the issues facing at-risk and learning-disabled students with practical strategies for allteachers. You’ll discover how to:
- Improve academic and social-emotional performance with scaffolding and demonstration of learning techniques;
- Establish and teach class rules, expectations, and consequences;
- Use evidence-based activities to spark student discussion;
- Implement rigorous, research-based strategies for math, literacy, reading, and writing development;
- Assess student growth and encourage self-reflection.
- Form an MTSS leadership team to ensure that student needs are met across building and district levels.
Each chapter contains anecdotes from schools across the country as well as a variety of ready-to-use tools and activities. Many of the tools are offered as free eResources at www.routledge.com/9781138193383, so you can easily print and distribute them for classroom use.