About this item
This book presents recent research using cognitive science to apprehend risk situations and elaborate new organizations, new systems and new methodological tools in response. The book demonstrates the reasons, advantages and implications of the association of the concepts of cognition and risk. It is shown that this association has strong consequences on how to apprehend critical situations that emerge within various activity domains, and how to elaborate responses to these critical situations.. The following topics are covered by the book:
· Influence of the culture in risk management,
· Influence of the risk communication in risk management,
· User-centred design to improve risk situation management,
· Designing new tools to assist risk situation management,
· Risk prevention in industrial activities.