About this item
From the most basic terms to the structures and practices of the Church, this book offers a plain-speaking introduction to Roman Catholicism. Now in a second edition, it contains new sections on relations with other faiths, coverage of recent controversies in the Church and an expanded section on social teaching. It covers:
- Roman Catholic beliefs and traditions
- practices and devotional life – rituals, prayer, mass
- Church structures and authorities – from Vatican to parish church
- Church hierarchies and people – from bishops to the laity
- the role of the Church in society.
With a glossary, further reading sections and reference to official documents of the Church, this is the perfect guide for students approaching the study of Roman Catholicism for the first time.