about this item
Research on popular culture is a dynamic, fast-growing domain. In scholarly terms, it cuts across many areas, including communication studies, sociology, history, American studies, anthropology, literature, journalism, folklore, economics, and media and cultural studies. The Routledge Companion to Global Popular Culture provides an authoritative, up-to-date, intellectually broad, internationally-aware, and conceptually agile guide to the most important aspects of popular culture scholarship.
Specifically, this Companion includes:
- interdisciplinary models and approaches for analyzing popular culture;
- wide-ranging case studies;
- discussions of economic and policy underpinnings;
- analysis of textual manifestations of popular culture;
- examinations of political, social, and cultural dynamics; and
- discussions of emerging issues such as ecological sustainability and labor.
Featuring scholarly voices from across six continents, The Routledge Companion to Global Popular Culture presents a nuanced and wide-ranging survey of popular culture research.