product description page
About this item
Regardless of whether you run Linux, Windows, or MacOS, the book includes complete instructions to install all the software you need to set up a stable environment for learning, testing, and production.
Step-by-step instructions carefully walk you through the most common web application development tasks.
Practical, hands-on examples show you how to apply what you learn.
Quizzes and exercises help you test your knowledge and stretch your skills.
Learn how to:
• Build web pages with HTML5 and CSS
• Enhance interactivity with AJAX
• Work with cookies and user sessions
• Get user input with web-based forms
• Use basic SQL commands
• Interact with the MySQL database using PHP
• Write maintainable code and get started with version control
• Decide when frameworks such as Bootstrap, Foundation, React, Angular,
and Laravel can be useful
• Create a web-based discussion forum or calendar
• Add a storefront and shopping cart to your site
Contents at a Glance
PART I Web Application Basics
1 Understanding How the Web Works
2 Structuring HTML and Using Cascading Style Sheets
3 Understanding the CSS Box Model