product description page
Sams Teach Yourself Unity Game Development in 24 Hours (Paperback) (Ben Tristem & Mike Geig)
about this item
In just 24 sessions of one hour or less, Sams Teach Yourself Unity Game Development in 24 Hours will help you master the Unity game engine at the heart of Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, Kerbal Space Program and many other sizzling-hot games! You’ll learn everything from the absolute basics through sophisticated game physics, animation, and mobile device deployment techniques. Every lesson builds on what you’ve already learned, giving you a rock-solid foundation for real-world success!
Step-by-step instructions carefully walk you through the most common Unity 5 game development tasks.
- Quizzes and Exercises at the end of each chapter help you test your knowledge.
- Notes present interesting information related to the discussion.
- Tips offer advice or show you easier ways to perform tasks.
- Cautions alert you to possible problems and give you advice on how to avoid them.
Learn how to…
- Create and work with game objects, Unity’s fundamental building blocks
- Work efficiently with Unity’s graphical asset pipeline
- Apply shaders and textures to any 3D object
- Sculpt stunning game worlds with Unity’s terrain and environmental toolsets
- Script tasks ranging from capturing input to building complex behaviors
- Quickly create repeatable, reusable game objects with prefabs
- Implement easy, intuitive game user interfaces
- Create amazing effects with Unity’s particle system
- Leverage the full power of Unity’s Mecanim animation system
- Integrate ambient 2D/3D audio into your games
- Use mobile device accelerometers and multi-touch displays
- Modify a desktop game for mobile platforms
- Apply the “finishing touches” and deploy your game