product description page
School Consultation for Student Success : A Cognitive-Behavioral Approach (Paperback) (Ph.d. Jeffrey M.
About this item
Featuring an evidence-based, cognitive-behavioral framework for delivering collaborative consultation in K-12 schools, this new book promotes the idea of equitable educational opportunities for all students. Strategies for promoting non-cognitive skills in students, career and college readiness, and optimal learning environments along with the general theories of consultation are presented. This book advocates for student support services personnel to work in concert with teachers, parents, and administrators to promote student success and social justice.
- Offers an evidence-based model for school consultation that focuses on supporting student success in academic, social-emotional, and college/career readiness domains.
- Demonstrates how to apply effective rational emotive-social behavioral (RE-SB) consultation when working with teachers, parents, and administrators to maximize student success for all.
- Transcripts of consultation sessions with teachers, parents, and administrators provide examples of what it is like to work in the field.
- Advocates for collaborative, data-driven efforts among student support services professionals.
- Reviews the history, roles and practices of school counselors, school psychologists, and school social workers.
- Presents the SUCCESS-FOR-ALL model which helps school consultants devise intentional solutions that advance social justice and meet the instructional needs of all students.
- Chapter introductions, learning objectives, cases, summaries, review questions and suggested readings guide the reader through each chapter.
Intended for graduate courses on school consultation or counseling, school interventions, or for use in field placement courses, practicums, or internships taught in school psychology, school counseling, or social work, this book is ideal for current and future practitioners who aim to promote student success through evidence-based consultation.