product description page
School Leader's Guide to Dealing With Difficult Parents (Paperback) (Todd Whitaker & Douglas J. Fiore)
About this item
This new supplement to the bestselling Dealing with Difficult Parents, 2nd Edition is designed to help you with the specific challenges you face as a school leader when dealing with parents. The main book, Dealing with Difficult Parents, 2nd Edition, shows how your teachers and other educators can communicate with parents more effectively. With this new supplement, you’ll learn how you, as a leader, can--and must--support and coach teachers along the way.
Topics covered include how to…
- Make sure your teachers understand the families they’re dealing with;
- Help your teachers communicate effectively with parents by being positive and proactive, so problems don’t escalate to the main office;
- Establish expectations for dealing with parents, so teachers understand how to be appropriate even when a parent is not;
- Ensure your teachers feel supported by you when they’re dealing with difficult parents; and
- Help teachers become more confident and empowered in challenging situations.
With these practical books, you’ll be able to get parents on your side so they can become a positive force in your school’s success.