product description page
Science Dictionary for Kids (Paperback) (Laurie E. Westphal)
about this item
Packed with more than 350 illustrated science definitions that every child must know...this is the ultimate science homework helper!
Science Dictionary for Kids provides hundreds of science terms with kid-friendly definitions and illustrations, perfect for any teacher of science or parent helping a child with science homework. From the basic science equipment, to the physical sciences, to Earth science, kids can flip to one of eight science categories to find the definitions they need.
The perfect reference for kids and their parents and teachers, the easy-to-follow definitions in this guide will help with any science assignment, project, or experiment. Most definitions include an illustrated version to increase comprehension.
Science Dictionary for Kids also includes a handy reference guide section, complete with commonly used formulas, measurement conversions, charts detailing household chemicals and acids and bases, instructions for using science equipment safely, tips on following the scientific process, and information on graphing results and data. This book needs to be on every child's desk!
- The perfect companion to Prufrock Press' bestselling Math Dictionary for Kids
- Comprehensive, easy-to-use reference guide to science terms for students (grades 4?9)
- Quick access to essential information and answers
- Kid-friendly graphics and illustrations to help define each term or scientific process
- Includes both standard and metric units of measurement for U.S. and Canadian markets
Prufrock Press offers award-winning products focused on gifted, advanced, and special needs learners. For more than 20 years, Prufrock has supported parents and teachers with a wide range of resources based on sound research.
The average day of a parent or teacher of a gifted or special needs learner is filled with a thousand celebrations and challenges. Prufrock's goal is to provide practical solutions to those challenges?to provide readers with timesaving, research-based tools that allow them to spend less time on the challenges and more time on the celebrations.
Prufrock Press' line of products features:
- Resources on parenting the special needs learner
- Sage advice on teaching in the inclusive classroom
- Advanced learning tools for gifted children and inquisitive learners
- Cutting-edge information on innovative teaching approaches
- Resources for college planning for gifted and special needs learners
Prufrock Press is committed to resources based on sound research. It has a senior advisory group composed of the top scholars in the field of education and psychology. All of the company's editors have graduate degrees in education or children's literature, and they all have classroom experience. In essence, when a reader holds a book by Prufrock Press, he or she