About this item
- Fun and safe, educational make-it-yourself special effects makeup kit
- Learn the tricks and science makeup artists use to create their most disgusting and frightening effects in movies
- Make fake blood, oozing blisters, burns, gashes, bruises, scabby cuts and more
- Includes corn syrup, petroleum jelly, cornstarch, glue, gelatin, food coloring, markers, plastic cups, stir sticks, measuring spoon and guide
- Recommended for children 8 years of age and older with adult supervision
Scientific Explorer Disgusting Special Effects is a fun, safe and educational make-it-yourself kit that has everything you need to create your own outrageous and gruesome special effects. Makeup can turn any ordinary person into a scary zombie, a monster or even into a vampire. In this kit, you'll find everything your child needs to practice tricks that makeup artists use to create disgusting and frightening effects in movies. In each of the 7 activities, your child will learn how to make fake blood, oozing blisters, burns, gashes, bruises, scabby cuts and more. Along the way, they'll also learn some cool science about what happens to your body when things like gashes, bruises and burns happen for real. As your child creates these gorish, realistic looking special effects, they'll get to act and think like a real scientist. Your child will measure, compare things, ask questions and make observations. This kit includes corn syrup(4oz.), petroleum jelly(3oz.), cornstarch (2oz.), glue (1.25oz.), gelatin (0.5oz.), red and green food coloring (0.4oz.), 5 water-based markers (red, black, blue, green and yellow), 3 plastic cups, 2 stir sticks, measuring spoon and 10-page activity guide. Recommended for children 8 years of age and older with adult supervision.
Suggested Age: 8 Years and Up
Includes: Activity guide, instruction guide
CPSC Choking Hazard Warnings: Choking_hazard_small_parts
Educational Focus: Science, Creative Thinking
Item Number (DPCI): 087-02-0792
If the item details above aren’t accurate or complete, we want to know about it. Report incorrect product info.