product description page
Scully's Handbook of Medical Problems in Dentistry (Paperback) (Crispian Scully)
about this item
Prepared by an author of international renown, Scully's Handbook of Medical Problems in Dentistryoffers a wealth of information in a handy easy-to-carry format. Containing over 250 colour photographs, artworks and tables, many of which have never been published before, this useful guide covers the main conditions seen in clinical practice together with their relevance to oral health care.
- Highlights the main points of human diseases and their relevance to oral healthcare in a practical way
- Gives particular focus on areas that are of major concern to dentistry and oral healthcare e.g. allergies, bleeding tendencies, endocrine disorders - especially diabetes - gravid patients, hepatitis and other transmissible diseases, and malignant disease
- Explains the process of risk assessment, pain and anxiety control, patient access and positioning, treatment modification and drug use
- 'Relevance for Dentistry' boxes highlight the most crucial aspects of specific conditions
- Contains new national and international guidelines, further reading and up-to-date websites
- More than meets the needs of the UK General Dental Council (GDC) document 'Preparing for practice; Dental team learning outcomes for registration'.
- Ideal for all dental students, general dental practitioners and hospital-based dentists together with other oral healthcare staff who need to keep up to date with medical knowledge