product description page
Seismic Data Interpretation and Evaluation for Hydrocarbon Exploration and Production : A
about this item
This practical guide is meant for geoscientists and engineers who are beginners, and will introduce them to the field of seismic data interpretation and evaluation. The exquisite seismic illustrations interspersed in the text will help the readers appreciate the interpretation of seismic data in a simple way, and at the same time emphasizing the multidisciplinary, integrated practical approach to data evaluation.
A concerted effort has been made for the readers to realize that mindless interpretation of seismic data using sophisticated software packages, without having a grasp on the elementary principles of geology and geophysics, coupled with their over-reliance on workstations could provide appalling results all too very often. Understanding and avoidance of pitfalls is highly emphasized.
- Demystifying seismic techniques and rock physics
- Signifying seismic evaluation as value-addition to interpretation processes
- Adopting a practical approach to integrated and multidisciplinary evaluation of seismic data
- Using exquisite seismic illustrations for a quick and convenient understanding of data evaluation
- Emphasizing on application of techniques and their limitations to avoid pitfalls