product description page
Seven Keys to a Positive Learning Environment in Your Classroom (Paperback) (Tom Hierck)
About this item
Creating a positive classroom learning environment is a complex but necessary task if a teacher wants to cultivate a new, productive classroom culture. By fully realizing the seven keys the author highlights, teachers can establish clearer expectations, enhance instruction and assessment practices, and foster quality relationships with students, thereby maximizing the potential of all students. The book includes helpful stories from teachers, as well as classroom strategies to consider in implementing the keys. With this book, teachers can clearly define the misunderstood concepts of differentiation and enrichment and know how to use these strategies to help all students succeed, no matter their needed level of support.
- Read stories from classroom teachers that highlight how each key can help establish a positive learning environment.
- Explore research and anecdotal evidence that maintains that students who feel connected are more motivated and successful in the classroom.
- Learn how the effective use of data can minimize both academic and behavioral challenges among students.
- Discover collaborative practices that can establish common expectations between teachers and their students, so a positive classroom tone is set when the school year starts.
- Consider tactics teachers can use to record and analyze data on students’ progress, to make informed decisions that help students gain proficiency.
- Peruse the essential practices that teachers should have in their classroom assessment toolbox.
- Classroom Culture and Positive Relationships: Precursors to a Positive Learning Environment
- Classroom Expectations
- Targeted Instruction
- Positive Reinforcement
- Data-Driven Decisions
- Differentiation and Enrichment
- Collaborative Teams
- Connecting to the Schoolwide System
References and Resources