product description page
Shore Lunch Original Recipe Fish Breading Batter Mix 9 oz
about this item
What You Need: 1 pound thawed fish fillets. 1 egg, beaten or 1/4 cup of milk (optional). Cooking Oil. About 1/2 cup Shore Lunch Original Recipe Fish Breading/Batter. 1 Box of Shore Lunch Original Recipe Breading/Batter coats about 5 pounds of fish. Use 4 eggs, beaten or 1 cup of milk when using the entire box. For Pan Frying:
1. Cut fillets into 4-inch pieces and pat dry.
2. Pour oil into a large skillet and preheat oil to 350 degrees F. Use a thermometer to ensure that the oil reaches 350 degrees F.
3. Place dry batter mix and egg or milk into separate shallow bowls.
4. For best results, moisten fish pieces in egg or milk and immediately dredge in dry batter mix, pressing to coat all sides thoroughly.
5. Carefully place fish pieces in preheated oil. Oil should cover fish pieces about halfway. Avoid overcrowding.
6. Fry each side until done, about 2-3 minutes, turning once. Fish is done when it flakes easily with a fork.
7. Remove cooked fish pieces from oil and drain on paper towels. For the crispiest texture, let fish stand for 1-2 minutes before serving. Enjoy! For Deep Frying: To deep fry fish, pour oil into a large Dutch oven or deep fryer to a depth that allows fish pieces to float while cooking. Dutch oven or deep fryer should be no more than 1/3 full of oil. Heat oil to 375 degrees F. Prepare fish as directed above and fry until done, about 3-5 minutes. Fish is done when it flakes easily with a fork. Drain on paper towels and let stand as above. Enjoy!
California Proposition 65 WARNING for exposure to Bisphenol A (BPA) from canned and bottled foods and beverages:
Many food and beverage cans have linings containing bisphenol A (BPA), a chemical known to the State of California to cause harm to the female reproductive system. Jar lids and bottle caps may also contain BPA. You can be exposed to BPA when you consume foods or beverages packaged in these containers. For more information go to: www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/BPA.