product description page
Sit - by Deborah Ellis (Hardcover)
about this item
- Deborah Ellis’ first work of fiction since her Fall 2014, award-winning The Cat at the Wall.
- This collection represents the best of Deborah Ellis. Accessible, well-paced but emotionally layered, character-driven stories that forward themes of a child’s independence and empowerment. Her characters can be cranky, disobedient, angry, stubborn and heroic, and young readers around the world respond to their honesty and authenticity.
- The settings in this collection range from a Polish concentration camp to an Amish farming community to a crowded apartment in Uzbekistan, and small and large towns everywhere.
- Curriculum connections: language arts / short story, character development; social studies / power and systems within society, rights and responsibilities, fairness and justice; health and physical education / decision making, personal safety.
- Perfect for fans of Deborah Ellis, both middle grade and young adult. The stories cross grade levels and are thematically rich while being short and extremely accessible in reading level.