product description page
Skills for Nurse Assisting Access Card : Clinical Skills - (Hardcover)
about this item
Learn to master the most important nursing skills before you ever step foot in the clinical environment. Clinical Skills: Skills for Nurse Assisting Collection is an engaging, web-based learning tool that guides users through 64 of the most important nursing skills for nurse assisting. Each skill in the collection uses the same seven-part framework to walk you through every aspect of the skill. From special patient and safety considerations to the equipment and techniques used in the skill, this assembly of high-definition videos, interactive learning tools, and in-depth explanations will leave you with a 360-degree understanding of how to safely and effectively perform each skill.
- Continually updated, evidence-based content is reviewed and revised annually by clinical skills experts to reflect changes in practice as they arise.
- Convenient web-based program utilizes the same professional format that practicing nurses use to train.
- Consistent, competency-based format for learning skills offers a standardized way for you to learn and perform skills. Most skills feature the same types of skill learning tools to help you obtain a more holistic understanding of the skill and standard QSEN nursing competencies.
- Quick sheet provides a concise, step-by-step summary of the skill.
- Extended text offers an in-depth look at all aspects of the skill. Subjects addressed in the extended text section include:
- Safety alerts
- Delegation guidelines
- Monitoring and care
- Reporting and Recording guidelines
- Special gerontologic, pediatric, and home care considerations
- Evidence-based references
- Additional reading suggestions
- Interactive visual supply list features roll-over labeling to familiarize you with each piece of equipment needed to perform the skill.
- Demonstration videos visually guide you through every necessary step involved in the skill.
- Images and illustrations highlight crucial procedures, equipment, and documents involved in the skill.
- Competency tests with rationaleshelp you review and evaluate your understanding of the skill.
- Printable evaluation checklists help you measure and track various skill competencies.