product description page
Slack Book : Discovering Smart Collaboration (Paperback) (Troy Mott)
about this item
Within the competitive environment of communication tools, Slack has managed to attract nearly three million daily users in just three years. Big companies like Dow Jones, Samsung, and The Wall Street Journal are now using Slack. One of the reasons behind its exponential growth is easy customization, from organizing public and private channels, to searching and archiving messages, and even integrating bots and applications to boost productivity. These customizations have made Slack a true challenger to emails for team communication.
This practical guide will provide you with everything you need to become a Slack power user, from working in a ChatOps environment, to integrating all of your favorite applications into Slack, and even setting up Slack in an enterprise environment.
- Understanding the Slack hierarchy
- Automating your workflow with chatbots
- How to leverage automation frameworks and build your own
- Mastering shortcuts with the slash command
- Harnessing Slack apps and bots
- Implementing various parts of the Slack API
- Moving private conversations into public channels
- Monitoring team activity and stats
- Best practices for channel granularity
- Dealing with the overflowing water cooler chatter
If you have an interest in information technology, this book is for you—administrators, marketers, developers, managers, and technologists alike. Learn to master the 90% of Slack that goes beyond chat to harness its full potential.