product description page
Sleep and Breathing Disorders : From Principles and Practice of Sleep Medicine (Hardcover) (M.D. Meir
About this item
Written specifically for non-sleep medicine specialists, this one-of-a-kind reference guides you through every aspect of this complex field with authoritative advice from Dr. Meir Kryger and other experts. Vibrantly illustrated in full color, it thoroughly covers the types of patients you're most likely to see in the outpatient setting and brings you up to date with the latest treatment methods, both surgical and non-surgical.
- Complete coverage of the patients you're most likely to encounter , including special populations such as those with COPD, obesity hypoventilation, pregnancy, neuromuscular disorders, stroke, and more.
- Specific information on topics of interest to a wide variety of physicians: heart failure and sleep disordered breathing; surgical treatments, including hypoglossal nerve stimulation; oral appliances and the treatment of sleep apnea; home sleep testing; and different types of PAP devices.
- Ideal for pulmonologists, otolaryngologists, cardiologists, primary care physicians, dentists, and other healthcare providers who encounter patients with sleep and breathing disorders.
- Full-color illustrations throughout, including a profusely illustrated chapter on physical diagnosis.
- Expert ConsultT eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.