product description page
Small Data : The Tiny Clues That Uncover Huge Trends (Unabridged) (MP3-CD) (Martin Lindstrom)
about this item
Named one of the "Most Important Books of 2016" by Inc.
A Forbes 2016 "Must Read Business Book"
Named a "Book Retailers Should Read in 2016" by Shelf Awareness
Martin Lindstrom, a modern-day Sherlock Holmes, harnesses the power of "small data" in his quest to discover the next big thing. Hired by the world's leading brands to find out what makes their customers tick, Martin Lindstrom spends 300 nights a year in strangers' homes, carefully observing every detail in order to uncover their hidden desires and, ultimately, the clues to a multimillion-dollar product. Lindstrom connects the dots in this globetrotting narrative that will enthrall enterprising marketers as well as anyone with a curiosity about the endless variations of human behavior.
- How a noise reduction headset at 35,000 feet led to the creation of Pepsi's new trademarked signature sound.
- How a worn-down sneaker discovered in the home of an 11-year-old German boy led to LEGO's incredible turnaround.
- How a magnet found on a fridge in Siberia resulted in a US supermarket revolution.
- How a toy stuffed bear in a girl's bedroom helped revolutionize a fashion retailer's 1,000 stores in 20 different countries.
- How an ordinary bracelet helped Jenny Craig increase customer loyalty by 159 percent in less than a year.
- How the ergonomic layout of a car dashboard led to the redesign of the Roomba vacuum.