product description page
Social Business Imperative : Adapting Your Business Model to the Always-Connected Customer (Paperback)
About this item
In The Social Business Imperative, world-renowned thought leader Clara Shih identifies powerful new business opportunities that social media is creating across the entire customer lifecycle. Next, she offers a complete action plan your organization can use to set priorities, execute on them, adapt, and thrive in today's social and digital era.
Going far beyond her global best-seller The Facebook Era, Shih offers unprecedented insight into how people and machines have intersected to create a new consumer-focused world. Next, she provides a complete toolkit of proven systems, strategies, and technologies for leveraging social technologies in marketing, branding, sales, customer service, and beyond. In contrast with most competitive books, Shih presents both specific techniques and high-level organizational strategies, helps leaders clarify the true enterprise impacts of social media, and offers actionable insights for transforming vision into reality.
Drawing on her immense experience helping Fortune® 500 companies drive measurable business improvements via social media, Shih presents powerful new case studies from multiple industries, together with the experiences of both pioneering executives and in-the-trenches practitioners. Coverage includes:
- Understanding the rise of the social customer, the social employee, and the omni-channel mandate
- Recognizing powerful new opportunities and challenges associated with the Internet of Everything
- Mobilizing social sales across your organization
- Maximizing the value of social marketing on its own and in connection with other channels
- Leveraging new technologies for delivering social commerce
- Engaging customers, improving customer experience, listening better, and rebuilding loyalty
- Leading social business at the board or C-suite level
- Embedding social business throughout existing processes wherever it makes business sense
- Addressing unique challenges of finance, healthcare, and government
- Implementing crucially important legal, governance, privacy, security, and training measures