product description page
Soft Tissue Surgery (Hardcover) (M.d. Steven L. Moran & M.D. S. Andrew Sems)
About this item
Part of the highly regarded Master Techniques in Orthopaedic Surgery series, Soft Tissue Surgery, Second Edition is a concise, easy-to-read, lavishly illustrated reference covering key soft tissue techniques in step-by-step detail. Ideal for orthopaedic surgeons, plastic surgeons, military surgeons, and general surgeons working as part of a trauma team, this Second Edition features a wealth of new content on soft tissue management, how to avoid problems, and how to correct problems as they occur. Six new chapters, new editor and orthopaedic trauma specialist Dr. Stephen Sems, and current coverage of what’s new in the field keep you up to date.
- Features new chapters on the key-stone flap for closure of traumatic injuries; management of the composite defect (skin and bone loss) following trauma in the upper and lower extremity; soft tissue coverage of the spine; soft tissue coverage following pelvic trauma; neuroma management following major amputations; and targeted muscle re-implantation and advanced prosthetics.
- Includes new content on the role of biosynthetics and allograft skin substitutes in wound coverage and assessment of skin viability intra-operatively (the SPY system).
- Emphasizes indications and contraindications for specific incisions and methods for flap coverage in cases of soft tissue loss.
- Offers expert guidance from world-renowned surgeons with experience in both soft tissue and bone management.
- Describes preferred techniques in step-by-step detail, including pertinent anatomy, and pearls and tips for improving results.
- Highlights the concise text with full-color, sequential, surgeon's-eye view intraoperative photographs, as well as drawings by noted medical illustrators.
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use
Number of Pages: 609
Series Title: Master Techniques in Orthopaedic Surgery
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Author: M.d. Steven L. Moran & M.D. S. Andrew Sems
Street Date: December 7, 2016
Item Number (DPCI): 248-41-4781
If the item details above aren’t accurate or complete, we want to know about it. Report incorrect product info.