product description page
Software Agreements for Dummies (Paperback)
about this item
Interested in drafting simple contracts for beta users, pilot programs, and more?Software Agreements For Dummies teaches you how to write any contract you might need while building a successful business partnership. Inside this friendly and accessible guide, you'll get the lowdown on development proposals, consultant contracts, master services agreements, enterprise proposals, letters of intent, request for proposals, and more. Learn how to properly package business and app ideas for accurate developer quoting and documentation.
As mobile and ecommerce growth hits unprecedented growth, there's never been a more timely need for a plain-English book on contract law as it relates to the tech industry, innovations, and software development. Thankfully,Software Agreements For Dummies is here to give you thorough, easy-to-follow information on everything you'll encounter while building an app or software package—without getting caught up in complicated contract negotiations.
- Learn to use templates to draft your own agreements
- Pick the right structure and partnership for your technology needs or providers
- Choose which type of agreement is best to use from both a business and legal perspective
- Make sense of trends within technology and law
This hands-on guide takes the headache out of making sense of license agreements, pilot programs and how to work with other companies where there is shared technology.
Software Agreements For Dummies walks readers through drafting simple contracts for beta users, pilot programs, and any other type of contract one might need while building a successful app or software package. With the number of people building apps and testing new product ideas, more and more people need a main framework to construct software agreements to protect themselves and their products. This book provides readers with the tools and information they need to build their apps without fear of getting caught up in complicated contract negotiations.
After reading each element of this book, the reader will be able to:
- Use templates to draft their own agreements
- Discern how to structure agreements specifically around software
- Choose which type of agreement to use from both a business and legal perspective
- Development Proposals
- Consultant Contracts
- Software Development Agreements
- Master Services Agreement
- Letters of Intent and acquisition
- Enterprise Proposals
- Diligence Checklists
- Chief Technology Agreements
- IP Assignment Handoff and Trademarks
- Trends within Tech Contract Law