product description page
Software Defined Networks : A Comprehensive Approach (Paperback) (Paul Goransson & Chuck Black & Timothy
about this item
Software Defined Networks: A Comprehensive Approach, Second Edition, provides in-depth technical coverage of the technologies collectively known as Software Defined Networking.
The book shows how to explain to business decision-makers the benefits and risks in shifting parts of a network to the SDN model, exploring when to integrate SDN technologies in a network and how to develop or acquire SDN applications. While the book emphasizes the parts of the technology that encourage opening up of the network, it also provides treatment for a number of alternative approaches to SDN that are more closely controlled by individual networking vendors.
In the time since the first edition was published, the SDN market has has matured, there is less hype about its disruptive potential, and it is being gradually integrated and morphed into something more compatible with mainstream networking vendors. Software Defined Networks: A Comprehensive Approach, Second Edition, reflects these changes.
New in this edition include:
- Coverage of the OpenDaylight controller and its support for multiple southbound protocols.
- Added Section on ONOS from ON.lab, targeted at Service Providers and supporting HA with its first release.
- Inclusion of NETCONF in discussions on controllers and devices.
- Expanded coverage of NFV.
- Updated coverage of the latest approved version (1.5.1) of the OpenFlow specification.
- Expanded coverage of controllers
- New chapter on NETCONF and SDN
- Expanded coverage of SDN in optical networks
- Support materials for use in computer networking courses