product description page

Somos el 99%/ We Are the 99% : Una Vuelta En Bici Por La Desigualdad (Original) (Hardcover) (Marc

$14.95
shipping to 94043 only 5 left
get it by Mon, Apr 30 with standard shipping.
free order pickup not available
not sold at Manhattan Herald Square

about this item

Somos en 99% es un libro para abrir los ojos, informarte y descubrir qué medidas puedes tomar para cambiar una realidad que te afecta tanto o más que a nadie.

#Somosel99

Vivimos en un mundo en el que:

- el 1% de la población toma decisiones contrarias al interés del 99% restante.

- uno de cada cinco jóvenes no puede terminar la educación primaria.

- con solo una cuarta parte de la comida de se desperdicia al año, podríamos alimentar a los 800 millones de personas que pasan hambre.

Escrito con un lenguaje ameno y cercano y con ilustraciones y gráficos, Somos el 99% recoge la historia de cinco personajes (yde sus bicicletas), para informarnos, ponernos en la piel de personas afectadas de distinta manera por la discriminación y proponer medidas sencillas que todos podemos aportar para que la distribución de la riqueza y de las oportunidades sea más igualitaria.

ENGLISH DESCRIPTION

We Are the 99% is a book to open your eyes, inform yourself, and discover what measures you can take to change a reality that affects you just as much—if not more—than anyone else. .

#Somosel99We live in a world in which: :

-- 1% of the population makes decisions contrary to the interests of the other 99%.

- One in five young people can’t finish elementary school.

- With just 1Ž4 of the food that is wasted each year, we could feed the 800 million people who go hungry.

Written in accessible, entertaining language and with illustrations and graphs, We Are the 99% compiles the stories of five characters (and their bicycles) to inform us, put us in the position of the people affected in different ways by discrimination, and propose simple measures we can all take so that the distribution of wealth and opportunity might be more equal.


more to consider

  • We Are Having a Baby! (Hardcover)

    $12.95

  • Little Leaders : Bold Women in Black History -  by Vashti Harrison (Hardcover)

    $13.59

  • My First Library Disney Baby (Board Book) (Phoenix))

    $11.24

  • Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle (Reissue) (Paperback) (Betty MacDonald)

    $5.99

  • Scooby-Doo! Team-Up 4 (Paperback) (Sholly Fisch)

    $9.20

recommended

  • SheaMoisture® Mongongo & Hemp Seed Oils High Porosity Moisture-Seal Shampoo - 13 fl oz

    $10.99

  • 2018 TF Publishing Desk Calendar

  • Employment Discrimination (Paperback) (Joel Wm. Friedman)

    $50.30

  • Thousands : Poems (Paperback) (Lightsey Darst)

    $11.56

  • Love Print Throw Pillow Collection - Surya

    $20.99 - $27.99


from the manufacturer


guest reviews

Prices, promotions, styles and availability may vary by store & online. See our price match guarantee. See how a store is chosen for you.