product description page
Spare Me 'The Talk'! : A Girl's Guide to Sex, Relationships, and Growing Up (Paperback) (Jo Langford)
about this item
If you have a teenage girl, there’s a 50 percent chance she’s already sexually active and a 33 percent chance she’s been solicited by an online predator in the past year. How prepared is she for the risks and realities of sex?
You hold in your hands a comprehensive crash course for girls into staying safe — emotionally, mentally, and physically — while navigating the danger-laden worlds of teenage sex and sexuality in a digital age. This book is the first of its kind for girls and young women ages 12-24, and for parents of girls as young as 8.Your teen will learn proven, effective ways to:
- Avoid pregnancy, and HIV and other sexually transmitted infections
- Stay safe online and avoid sexual harm
- Ask someone out (and let someone down easy)
- Understand bodies and body issues, both male and female
- Accept that sexuality comes in all shapes and sizes
- Know the consequences of abstinence, indulgence, and everything in between
- Decide what is right for her, remaining true to herself and respectful of others
In language that’s relatable, unflinchingly honest (and often funny), veteran sex educator Langford offers a powerful supplement to those notoriously awkward parent-daughter sex talks, answering the tough questions that teenage girls really have — but would rather die than ask.
Jo Langford is a certified counselor and sex educator who for two decades has provided outreach programs in high schools, residential medical, and psychiatric settings. He is the author of Spare Me the Talk: A Guy’s Guide to Sex, Relationships, and Growing Up, a Sex Offender Treatment Provider and adjunct faculty for Saybrook University’s Washington campus. He can be reached at beheroes.net.