product description page
Special Event Production : The Process (Revised) (Hardcover) (Doug Matthews)
about this item
This must-have guide to special event production looks deep behind the scenes of an event and dissects what it is that creates success. It analyses the process - the planning and business aspects - to provide a unique guide to producing a variety of events from weddings to festivals. It explains thoroughly budgeting and resource concerns, planning and cost projections and the role of the well-crafted proposal.
This new edition has been significantly updated to include:
- Three new chapters: Event Design, Information Technology and Sustainability and Event Production.
- Updated and new case studies from USA, Canada , India, Russia and Malaysia.
- New Industry Voice feature, including an interview with industry experts from around the world commenting on their experiences of event planning and production.
- New content on: technology, volunteers, venues and PR and marketing.
- Enhanced online resources including: PowerPoint lecture slides, checklists, glossaries, additional questions and challenges, web links, video links, sample contract templates, production schedule templates, and evaluation forms.
Incorporating pedagogical features, this easy-to-read book is packed with photographs, diagrams, flow charts, checklists, sample forms, and real-life examples. It steps through the whole process from the creativity and proposal at the outset, to budgeting, the contract and risk management with event follow up to conclude. A must have resource for event planners, managers, caterers and students.
This text is part two of a two book set - also available is Special Events Production: The Resources (978-1-138-78567-0). This book offers an in - depth guide to the technical aspects of a big event such as lighting and audio systems, visual presentation technology, special effects and temporary outdoor venues.