product description page
Stanislavski in Practice : Exercises for Students - by Nick O'brien (Hardcover)
About this item
Stanislavski in Practice is an unparalleled step-by-step guide to Stanislavski’s System. Author Nick O’Brien makes this cornerstone of acting accessible to teachers and students alike through the use of practical exercises that allows students to develop their skills. This Second Edition offers more exercises for the actor, and also new sections on directing and devising productions. Each element of the System is covered practically through studio exercises and jargon-free discussion.
This is the perfect exercise book for students and a lesson planner for teachers on syllabi from Edexcel, WJEC and AQA to the practice-based requirements of BTEC.
New to this edition:
- Thoroughly reorganized sections, including "Work on the Actor" and "Work on a Role"
- A new chapter on using Stanislavski when devising with a series of exercises that will allow students to structure and create characters within the devising process
- A new chapter, Directing Exercise Programme, which will be a series of exercises that allows the student to develop their skills as a director.
- New glossary with US and UK terms
- New exercises developed since the publication of the first edition